BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
snandiwada
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I just started to work on this course and started by very first virtual lab. When I reserved the lab time and  clicked on the link, I didn't need to use any userid/password. I used the sasdemo user for the EM login and created project using that ID. I want to know if this is right or not. Also I never used the userid/password provided by the virtual lab reservation anywhere explicitly. Please let me know if this right if not what are the correct steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Depending on what browser you use, you -might- need the Amazon user ID and password. The link that appears in the Virtual Lab reservation system uses the correct user ID and password, we also provide that information to you in case you need it, but in my experience, if you click the link to enter the Virtual Lab and you are NOT prompted any further, then your connection is good.

As for Enterprise Miner, you should find the user ID for EM and the password are already populated. If you see sasdemo as the user ID in Enterprise Miner and see ******** as the password, then that means your application remembered the correct user ID (sasdemo) and password (Student1) for the Virtual Lab image. Remember, however, that this userID and password are only for Enterprise Miner. There are other userIDs and other passwords used in some of the other classes in your package.

If you successfully logged onto Enterprise Miner and could set up a project and add the BANK and/or CENSUS2000 data to the project, then you did things correctly.

Hope this helps.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Depending on what browser you use, you -might- need the Amazon user ID and password. The link that appears in the Virtual Lab reservation system uses the correct user ID and password, we also provide that information to you in case you need it, but in my experience, if you click the link to enter the Virtual Lab and you are NOT prompted any further, then your connection is good.

As for Enterprise Miner, you should find the user ID for EM and the password are already populated. If you see sasdemo as the user ID in Enterprise Miner and see ******** as the password, then that means your application remembered the correct user ID (sasdemo) and password (Student1) for the Virtual Lab image. Remember, however, that this userID and password are only for Enterprise Miner. There are other userIDs and other passwords used in some of the other classes in your package.

If you successfully logged onto Enterprise Miner and could set up a project and add the BANK and/or CENSUS2000 data to the project, then you did things correctly.

Hope this helps.
Cynthia
snandiwada
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks or the reply. I was able to create and save the project so I guess I did things correctly.

Shanti

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation