BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jennyzhu2
Calcite | Level 5

When I ran the coding in section 1 to import excel data under EP101d01.sas, I got error message " The physical file was not found". The existing coding for path is "pro import datafile = "PATHFILE/storm.xlsx". I checked createdataPG1-oda.sas which I set up data in SAS studio, I found that "PATHFILE" doesn't exist at all. So I changed "DATAFILE" into "&Path/Storm.xlsx". It works now. Could you double check the coding under EP101d01.sas to see whether it is correct or not? Am I right to change the coding as above? I'm a new learner on SAS.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Yes, there is an issue with that program, thanks for pointing it out. We are reviewing it.

If your %LET statement in SETUP.SAS includes the data subfolder (which is correct for SAS OnDemand), then you needed to take the /data out of the datafile= part of the code.

Cynthia_sas_0-1589226668755.png

S:\workshop is the classroom path for the file and in that environment, we use a slightly different path for classroom students. However, for SAS OnDemand for Academics, you should make sure that your %LET statement includes the /data subfolder and that your model syntax does not have a second reference to /data.

Thanks for bringing this typo to our attention.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
Yes, there is an issue with that program, thanks for pointing it out. We are reviewing it.

If your %LET statement in SETUP.SAS includes the data subfolder (which is correct for SAS OnDemand), then you needed to take the /data out of the datafile= part of the code.

Cynthia_sas_0-1589226668755.png

S:\workshop is the classroom path for the file and in that environment, we use a slightly different path for classroom students. However, for SAS OnDemand for Academics, you should make sure that your %LET statement includes the /data subfolder and that your model syntax does not have a second reference to /data.

Thanks for bringing this typo to our attention.
Cynthia

Jennyzhu2
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you Cynthia for your speedy feedback. It seems section 3 and 4 have coding errors as well under EP101d01.SAS ( SAS OnDemand for Academics). Somebody saved different coding after lunch. Could you please check it?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, we are reviewing the code and making changes. I am testing that program after I do the setup. I show the file name as just P102d01.sas -- as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1589235633172.png

It's probably better to watch the videos and wait for the class zip file and/or instructions to be corrected though. We'll need to re-check all the instructions, not just the OnDemand ones.
Thanks,
Cynthia

Jennyzhu2
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you so much Cynthia! I will wait for the fix to be done. Could you please let me know once it is done? Many Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation