BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6

I follow the below steps and everything is fine; until I try to hit "Upload." It's sort of greyed out and won't let me click it. -- I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference. Also attached below is a screengrab of what the server files and folders panel looks like as well as the file upload box after I've selected "createdataPG1_oda.sas" in the EPG194 folder.

1. Start SAS Studio from your SAS OnDemand for Academics Dashboard.

2. At the top of the Server Files and Folders panel, click New

and select New Folder .
  3. In the Name box, type EPG194 in uppercase exactly as shown. Click Save.

4. If necessary, expand Files(Home) and verify that the EPG194 folder was created.

5. Select the EPG194 folder and click Upload

6. In the Upload Files window, click Choose Files. Browse to the EPG194 folder on your computer, select createdataPG1_oda.sas, and click Open.
    Click
    Upload. The program is added to the EPG194 folder on the server.
    1. In SAS Studio, double-click createdataPG1_oda.sas to open the program.

image.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.50.39 PM.png

   

14 REPLIES 14
Panagiotis
SAS Employee

The grayed out one is the download. The one to the right is upload. It's not grayed out and should work.

Upload.jpg

iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6

Correct, its the screengrab below that one that says "upload files" 'Upload Files to:" "/home/u47470265/EPG194" Where the "Upload" Button is of blue in color but not bright blue as to indicate it can be clicked on to upload the file. Nor does the file show up in the file path after I select it. 

I did double check to make sure I was following the directions for SAS Studio and not SAS University Edition and I definitely am.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 4.50.39 PM.png

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

Can you click on the CHOOSE FILES button?

iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes, I click on it and select the file, but when i double click it it takes me back to this screen and the blue icon doesn’t allow itself to be clicked and the file name doesn’t appear in the file path.
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
I think the thing has a memory. I was able to mimic what you see using our local SAS/Studio by trying to upload something that was above the size limit. It showed me an error message that the file would not be uploaded because it was too big. So it sent me back to the screen like in your picture. So I clicked on choose files again and selected the same too large file. This time it didn't give me the error message and instead just went straight back to the screen. But it does allow me to select a smaller file.
iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6
So I need to compress the file?
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User
To test if the hypothesis is accurate you need to do some experimentation and testing.

1. Make a small file (just 3 or 4 lines of text) and try to upload that.
2. Check how large is the file you are trying to upload? Is it larger than 10 million bytes?
If the small file works try breaking your large file into smaller pieces. But if it really is a SAS program I doubt it is larger than the limit for you SAS/Studio installation.
iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6

the file im trying to upload is in the SAS Programming 1: Essentials course setup files that are required in order to continue on in the course. I downloaded it directly from SAS' website to my computer and then am in turn trying to upload it to SAS Studio. I will try to do what you suggested though.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi: Sorry, I am late posting. Are you by any chance using Safari? We have had some reports of upload issues when using Safari. Switching to Chrome or Firefox seems to work better with SAS Studio on the OnDemand server.
Cynthia
pg3101
Calcite | Level 5
This helped my case. I was using Safari earlier, downloaded Chrome and was able to upload the file. Thank you!
NANVEEN
Calcite | Level 5
This method works. Thankyou
iamchelz
Fluorite | Level 6

I fixed it. Ive been trying to do it in Safari. I switched to googled chrome and the upload worked fine. 

Panagiotis
SAS Employee

That's interesting. Glad it worked out!

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
This is a known issue with Safari. It works great with SAS OnDemand for Academics, except for the pesky Upload button is grayed out. We typically find the best results using either Chrome or Firefox with SAS Studio.
Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation