BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rini
Calcite | Level 5

The size of the results is greater than 3MB. Insufficient memory could cause performance problems or an error. Do you want to display the results anyway?

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is a standard SAS response when the printed output being generated is very large and could cause problems. If you answer no then your program will likely run OK. 

Rini
Calcite | Level 5

I ran it on SAS on Demand. In their practice session, they ask me to use this data. The, how should I perform task?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I believe you also emailed SAS Education with this question. In that mail, we suggested that you use OBS=20 on the PROC PRINT. When we tested in SAS OnDemand this allowed us to see what was in the file without running into that message.
Hope this helps,
Cynthia
paula_souto
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia,
I am struggling with this, but I am trying to run another procedure.
It's for checking the normality of data, so I need to see all the results. But that message keeps appearing. Could you help me with this, for kindness?
Thanks in advance!

ods noproctitle;
ods graphics / imagemap=on;
proc univariate normal plot data=Sort_Artigo1;
var (A LOT OF VARIABLES);
run;
I also run the options:
histogram
/ normal(mu=est sigma=est);
inset skewness kurtosis / position=ne;
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I know that using a (LOT OF VARIABLES) can cause you to run into processing limits. It looks like you're also requesting histograms and graphs can use up a lot of space and resources. You may need to break your UNIVARIATE step into multiple steps so that you generate a lot of smaller outputs for a smaller group of variables in each run. However, I do not teach the STAT classes, so my recommendation is that you post your new question in the Statistical Procedures forum where you are more likely to find some experienced UNIVARIATE users.
Cynthia
paula_souto
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, Cynthia
I broke the Univariate step into multiple steps as you said and it worked, although it had generated 9 outputs. I'll post other questions in the Statistical Procedures forum as you suggested.
Thank you very much for your assistance!
Paula.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

LIBNAME 101

Follow along as SAS technical trainer Dominique Weatherspoon expertly answers all your questions about SAS Libraries.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation