BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi all,

Could you please help in the following case. There is a line on each page when final listing is printed. Please see the picture below. Is there a method to eliminate the line?

large (2).jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
What code have you tried? That looks like Journal style. You could change the style template ... not sure what you mean about bottom line coming from Proc Print — Looks like a footnote statement with rtf control strings??? Hard to guess without data or code.

Cynthia
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you, Cynthia. I'm using the code below. It think that the style is defined in system options before the block but I have not found it. Possibly they are in system macros.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
hi, where are the ODS statements? You do not show the destination or style= option. If you want to get rid of the line above the footnote, you will have to change the code in %footnote. If you want to remove the line under the table that comes from the style template, you will have to change the style template. I see you have another macro program call called %print -- so that might contain the ODS statements and style template references. Unfortunately, you are going to need to dig into those macro programs and that code to figure out how to get rid of the line or lines you don't like.

cynthia
DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thank you, Cynthia. In my understanding the style Journal is a default style of SAS and it is standard for clinical trials Listings and Tables. It means that even we use a %print it just calls for this template 'Journal' and does not modify it. Is it correct interpretation?

How could I access the template and modify it? 

SuzanneDorinski
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Use PROC TEMPLATE to see the style definition in the log.

proc template;
  source styles.journal;
run;

The code box below shows a portion of the Journal style.  frame = HSIDES produces the borders at the top and bottom of the table.  frame = ABOVE produces a border at the top of the table.  

style Output from Container /
       bordercolor = colors('fgA1')
       borderwidth = 1
       borderspacing = 0
       cellpadding = 7
       frame = HSIDES
       rules = GROUPS
       backgroundcolor = colors('bgA1')
       bordercollapse = separate
       borderstyle = solid;

Create a modified version of the template and then use it.

ODS PATH WORK.TEMPLAT(UPDATE) SASHELP.Tmplmst(READ);

proc template; define style styles.modified_Journal; parent=styles.Journal; style Output from Output / frame = ABOVE; end; run; ods rtf file="/folders/myfolders/SAS Communities/modified Journal style.rtf" style=modified_Journal; proc report data=sashelp.class nowd; title 'SASHELP.class data set'; title2 'This is a modified version of the Journal style that ships with SAS'; run; ods rtf close;

Modified version of Journal style with frame = ABOVEModified version of Journal style with frame = ABOVE

DmytroYermak
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thank you, Suzanne! I have to put this in order for myself, to return with questions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation