BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sullivan0822
Calcite | Level 5
After modifying the device drivers, finally am getting higher resolution on my graphics files. My main problem now is there seems to be a whole layer of the image (PROC BOXPLOT, and GPLOT, GCHART) missing from the output. The plot axes are black and visible on the screen but either missing or white or possibly hidden (?) on the .tiff file. I imported one into powerpoint and could just make out a faint outline. Also affected are the bars / fences on boxplots, lines from an annotate dataset (but not the text). I can get around it by doing an 'export as image' which is OK once in a while but not very automated. Any advice would be appreciated - or any other tips on improving the resolution on gif / jpeg / tiff files.
4 REPLIES 4
Andre
Obsidian | Level 7
Sullivan,
With no code, the reader have no idea of what you have tried.
As in graphic matter, the environment is important what can we conclude about your try
-are you working outside any ods? probably
-were you utilizing the target in place of device goptions in order to see the 'raw but real' appearance of your ourput
-but tiff is surprising except if you have precisely indicate some dimension for your graph
as vsize and hsize
- about resolution take a look at Phil Mason text at the end
http://www.cmg.org/measureit/issues/mit48/m_48_11.html
but perhaps as you were speaking about 'modifying device drivers' you know this already.

In any case, even if your try was of high level, it could interest some graphical sasuser with practice to see how you already got results, before any person of the Sas team answer
Andre
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am having the same problem as Sullivan. Below is my code, which does produce a TIFF image at the dpi I need. The journal specifies that figures are in a .tiff format at 800 dpi. However, lines for the axes around the boxplot and around the blocking variable are very, very faint when I print the graph and on my computer screen when I view the image in Microsoft Office Document Imaging. The lines for the whiskers are also very faint even if increase the lfactor=8. This problem occurs when I insert the picture into a Word document. When I look at the graph output in SAS, all the lines are thick and crisp.
Thanks,
Mike

This technical document provided some help.
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts674/ts674.html#IVC

goptions reset=all device=tiffp rotate=landscape ftext="Arial" htext=12pt lfactor=4
gsfname=output gsfmode=replace hpos=70
ypixels=3200 ymax=4in xpixels=4800 xmax=6in;
filename output 'C:\r_watershed\Manuscript\Figures\precip_boxplots1_z.tiff';
symbol value=plus color=black;
proc boxplot data=precip_boxplot1;
plot precip*Watershed(year)/blockpos=1 blocklabelpos=above cblockvar=(color)
vminor=4 boxstyle=skeletal nohlabel cboxfill=(color);
label year='Year'
precip='Precipitation (mm/yr)';
run;
quit;
ChrisNZ
Tourmaline | Level 20
I suspect the lines are still one pixel thick, which at 800 DPI makes them 1"/800 thick. Have you tried changing axis width?
sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 sbb
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Kindly - suggestion to OP - don't piggy-back on another author's post - create a new one and provide a hyperlink (pasted in your post-body) with your pertinent details.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation