BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dkcundiffMD
Quartz | Level 8

While running code or while editing code, my Spectrum wifi often loses connection. This requires a click to reconnect and a click to close the dialogue. Sometimes I have to sign off and start over. At times the frequency might be up to twice in 5 minutes. A wifi speed test showed download 27 Mbps and upload 9 Mbps. 

What might be causing this and what questions should I ask Spectrum, the wifi provider located in Monterrey Park, CA. 

I have SAS 9.4 with SAS Studio. 

Thanks. 

David K Cundiff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Hi @dkcundiffMD , does it disconnect after a specific time or random? If for a specific time, you can check with your internet service provider if there is a time-out placed in your Wi-Fi settings. Are you also experiencing the same problem when using SAS Studio and connected to a wired connection?

There could be many possible reasons why your Wi-Fi is disconnecting. It could be that your Wi-Fi Network is overloaded meaning there are too many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. Another possible reason could be that radio signals from other electronic devices may be interfering your connectivity. Third possible reason, your Wi-Fi Network Drivers are not updated. And another one, your Router firmware needs to be updated.

If you feel that it is SAS Studio which possibly causing your Wi-Fi to drop, you may reach out to our Technical Support team via this link, click here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SAS_Cares
SAS Employee

Hi @dkcundiffMD , does it disconnect after a specific time or random? If for a specific time, you can check with your internet service provider if there is a time-out placed in your Wi-Fi settings. Are you also experiencing the same problem when using SAS Studio and connected to a wired connection?

There could be many possible reasons why your Wi-Fi is disconnecting. It could be that your Wi-Fi Network is overloaded meaning there are too many devices connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. Another possible reason could be that radio signals from other electronic devices may be interfering your connectivity. Third possible reason, your Wi-Fi Network Drivers are not updated. And another one, your Router firmware needs to be updated.

If you feel that it is SAS Studio which possibly causing your Wi-Fi to drop, you may reach out to our Technical Support team via this link, click here.

dkcundiffMD
Quartz | Level 8
Very helpful. Thanks.
I'll get working on these suggestions.
dkcundiffMD
Quartz | Level 8
You called it right. It was the old router. Thanks

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation