BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
emmanuelcasmen
Calcite | Level 5

SAS3 (2).jpg

In my organization, we are trying to install SAS Studio Single User 3.8/3.8.1 on computers with Windows 10 (64 bits). However, when the installation finishes, a web browser opens and shows the error message of: "SAS Studio cannot find your installation of SAS or your SAS license has expired. Verify that your license has not expired and correct the location that SAS Studio is using for the SAS executable file"

1.- Open the following file on the system: MyComputerName.Domain

C:\Program Files\SAS\SASStudioSingleUser\3.8.1\war\sasion.cmd

2.- Change the %1 in the following statement to the path of your SAS executable file (for example C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\sas.exe):

SET SASEXE=%1

I have tried to reinstall SAS Studio, to install the 32-bit version, to change the default web browser, and even to install the Java JRE 32-bit version but received the same error message. I contacted my Asset Management team, however, they said that SAS Studio doesn't need a paid license. I only found this article but not a resolution: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Studio/Sas-studio-installation-error/td-p/375261

For sure, it has been a challenge on finding a clear resolution for this as I wasn't able to find information on the web.

Do you think you can help me?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

SAS Studio is only an interface to connect to a SAS installation, which is why it does not require a separate license. If you have a SAS server it would need to be told how to connect to that server. A single local install, i.e. stand alone computer, would require a local install of SAS to connect with to execute anything.

Note the example in step 2 of the image you show. The path shown is the typical installation for the executable SAS program. That line tells a single install where the local SAS version is for use.

If you have a SAS server then you may want to contact tech support to make sure you have the proper files to connect the users.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

How are you planning to use SAS/Studio - connecting to  Foundation SAS installed on your PC or connecting to a remote SAS server? It appears your SAS/Studio is expecting Foundation SAS to be installed on your PC and that installation needs a current licence.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation