BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mre341989
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I am starting a course that needs to use SAS Enterprise Guide and I can't figure out where to find the virtual lab using SAS Studio.  If someone could take a screen shot that would be helpful.  

Relatedly, do I need to purchase time in the virtual lab or does it come with the course?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are using the SAS Academy for Data Science classes, there are different ways to get into the Virtual Lab. However, you cannot get into the Virtual Lab using SAS Studio and you can't use Enterprise Guide with SAS Studio. SAS Studio is just an interface to SAS. Enterprise Guide is just an interface to SAS. The Virtual Lab, as used in our Data Science classes, is an application that logs you onto a Virtual Machine image. That image has all the software you need for the class. If the class uses Enterprise Guide, then the image will have Enterprise Guide. If the class uses SAS Visual Analytics, then the image will have Visual Analytics. If the class uses SAS Studio, then the image will have SAS Studio.
In order to help you, we need to know exactly what class you're taking and what lesson in the class you are doing. Here's the information we need:
=== ===
Training: SAS Academy for Data Science
Module: (Data Curation, Advanced Analytics, AI&ML)
Class within Module:
Lesson in Class:
Demo, Activity or Demo title:
Reservation date/time:
Browser used:
=== ===

Take a look at this previous posting: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Academy-for-Data-Science/How-to-access-sas-virtual-lab/td-p/64841... -- it shows a few different ways that you make a reservation for the Virtual Lab.

It also looks like you've opened a support track with SAS Education you should have received an email with your tracking number. If the previous posting doesn't help you, then you might want to reply to the mail about your tracking number with the answers to the above information so the instructor on duty can help you.

The bottom line is that SAS Studio is not how you get into the Virtual Lab. If you need SAS Studio, you will use it INSIDE the Virtual Lab. To use the Virtual Lab, you first need to make a reservation. To make a reservation, you need to look for the Open Lab button or an area in the class window that says "Virtual Lab Reservation System".

I hope these suggestions help you find the Virtual Lab.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
If you are using the SAS Academy for Data Science classes, there are different ways to get into the Virtual Lab. However, you cannot get into the Virtual Lab using SAS Studio and you can't use Enterprise Guide with SAS Studio. SAS Studio is just an interface to SAS. Enterprise Guide is just an interface to SAS. The Virtual Lab, as used in our Data Science classes, is an application that logs you onto a Virtual Machine image. That image has all the software you need for the class. If the class uses Enterprise Guide, then the image will have Enterprise Guide. If the class uses SAS Visual Analytics, then the image will have Visual Analytics. If the class uses SAS Studio, then the image will have SAS Studio.
In order to help you, we need to know exactly what class you're taking and what lesson in the class you are doing. Here's the information we need:
=== ===
Training: SAS Academy for Data Science
Module: (Data Curation, Advanced Analytics, AI&ML)
Class within Module:
Lesson in Class:
Demo, Activity or Demo title:
Reservation date/time:
Browser used:
=== ===

Take a look at this previous posting: https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Academy-for-Data-Science/How-to-access-sas-virtual-lab/td-p/64841... -- it shows a few different ways that you make a reservation for the Virtual Lab.

It also looks like you've opened a support track with SAS Education you should have received an email with your tracking number. If the previous posting doesn't help you, then you might want to reply to the mail about your tracking number with the answers to the above information so the instructor on duty can help you.

The bottom line is that SAS Studio is not how you get into the Virtual Lab. If you need SAS Studio, you will use it INSIDE the Virtual Lab. To use the Virtual Lab, you first need to make a reservation. To make a reservation, you need to look for the Open Lab button or an area in the class window that says "Virtual Lab Reservation System".

I hope these suggestions help you find the Virtual Lab.
Cynthia
mre341989
Calcite | Level 5

Yes, I finally found it on the right hand side of my course.  From others descriptions it had sounded like it was an option within SAS, but it was right there in front of me, thank you!