BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Huffman142
Calcite | Level 5
I scheduled the new performance exam at a testing center this past week and when I signed in the lab would not load. It said it failed to connect to the remote server. They sent me home. So I schedule it to take it from home yesterday. The lab would not load on my own computer either.

When I was at the testing site they called Pearson tech support and their own employee couldn't get it to load on his end.

Pearson only has customer support. They have no technical support for test takers. I found the tech support number for test sites and they wouldn't even talk to me. They kept saying for the test center to call.

I have two case numbers from failed exam attempts because their system will not work. That's the only testing center in my city.

Has anyone else had trouble taking the new exam? I honestly don't know how SAS expects me to get certified if their testing company won't even speak to me about fixing the problem. Pearson has been absolutely awful in this mess. The customer support just keeps saying to reschedule but I'm not doing it until it actually works.

Let me know what you know about the new exam and if anybody can actually get it to work.

Thanks,
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Hi Scott,

I apologize for the problems you have encountered. The current lab-based exam use an RDP connection to support the labs and use a higher number UDP port number that is blocked by some firewalls. A small percentage Pearson VUE test centers run into this problem. the RDP requirement also prevents the labs from working on macs, which is why we don't support Online Proctoring on macs at this time. We are working with Pearson and our vendors to move to a HTML lab interface to the lab that we expect will simplify and improve the lab connection. This should occur within the next month.

I'll reach out to you privately to see if we can find a proven test site near your location.

Sincerely,

Mark Stevens

YongR
Calcite | Level 5
This exam at home is not working well for me. I registered Base exam at 12:00 PM eastern time on Nov.13, 2019. I logged in the account 15 minutes before the 12:00 PM and finished the system test. The system test passed but no exam showed up. I called the Pearson support center but the have the worst customer service and no one can and willing to solve the problem for me.
u58437568
Calcite | Level 5
There are several technical issues while writing that exam and the Pearson management is not even responding and it's the worst situation and the screen was blank for almost 30 mins and at that time I was not able to clear it as the time is not at all sufficient and entire time was wasted how can this be acceptable?? And no one is responding what to do now and I would have scored good marks if this issue won't persists.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation