BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Dear Community, 
I am new SAS user and I am trying to install IBM Spectrum LSF 10.1.0.6 to monitor jobs on my sas servers but I am running into different errors. 
I am trying to install this on my local machine. Please if someone has idea how to install this platform on your local machine to monitor jobs on different sas servers, Please let me know. 
Few Questions that I have:

SAS servers are on linux servers:
In cluster settings in the very firs few steps of installation. Do I need to join an existing cluster, or make a new cluster on my local machine.
first I was getting error about config.exe not getting access to shared directory. 
now after entering admin user and then my own user later, I am getting this error. please check screens.

Kindly let me know if anyone has run into this error before.

Br, 

HS

9 REPLIES 9
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please post screen-shots as pictures, I think many is reluctant to open zip-files.

Have you used installtion instructions by IBM?

If you are not using the SAs OEM version you should probably redirect you inquiry to IBM.

If you are, an option is talking to SAS tech support.

Data never sleeps
reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5
I am using SAS OA and EM.
reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5

here are the attached screens.

reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5
shared the screens, please have a look.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

This is not in my area of expertise, but it seems odd to chose the option to install a cluster, if you want to install a client on your PC. 

Is LSF setup on the other servers already?

I'm pretty sure you will find installation guidlines in the documentation.

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you just want to install Platform Process Manager on your local PC to monitor LSF jobs, then choose the Custom install option then only select Flow Manager, not Process Manager Server. It looks like you are trying to configure Process Manager Server. You don't need to do this for a local PC install of PPM.

Your custom setup screen should look something like this:

SASKiwi_0-1649802566222.png

reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5

hi,

this is what I have in the installation screen.

HussainSyed_0-1649832879421.png

after that I try to join sas grid node host. 
and then the previously shared error.

HussainSyed_1-1649832937417.png

please let me know now. 
if LSF_LIM_PORT is down, how can I check.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Looks like you are trying to connect to SAS Grid which I know nothing about. I suggest you open a track with SAS Tech Support for further help.

reefermadness26
Calcite | Level 5

have done that. lets see.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation