BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PhilMason
Obsidian | Level 7

I would like to install SAS 9.4 with the mid-tier under some virtual machine software on my Mac. I have plenty of disk space, memory and a fast machine - so it should work. I'm wondering if anyone has done this on a Mac? I asked SAS Tech Support and they had no advice. Ideally I would like to be able to develop stored processes and other SAS software on my Mac, having the servers running in the VM in the background. Any advice would be very welcome. 

thanks

Phil

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

I'm a bit foggy on this, but to be able to create and run stored processes, don't you also need to have something like Office Analytics with the MidTier and the servers on your VM? You probably need Integration Technologies in the mix somewhere.

It seems to me that you'd need at least something like Office Analytics on the VM (or the whole BI Platform) and then you'd need to create the stored processes, register them and test them on the VM before you ran them from your web browser on the Mac. The reason I'm confused is that I thought you needed the Stored Process Web Application to invoke a Stored Process  from a browser (if you weren't using a client application)  and I wasn't sure whether the Stored Process Web Application came with Office Analytics.

This might come down to the details of the product suite you are installing on the VM and how to configure the IP address and services and connections so your Mac can reach to the servers in the VM.

In the Stored Process Developer's Guide https://go.documentation.sas.com/api/docsets/stpug/9.4/content/stpug.pdf starting on page 169 it outlines the requirements you'd need to run stored processes.

Sorry, I don't have better suggestions. I think that if you posted to the Stored Process Community https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Stored-Processes/bd-p/sas_stored_processes , you'd reach more of the Stored Process users and employees who monitor this forum.

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation