BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ssmith3
Calcite | Level 5

I have some experience using the SAS Programming Language, however, am looking to move my career in another direction by using DI Studio.  Can anyone recommend good SAS Tutorials using DI Studio to build a Dimensional Model for a beginner?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

Hmmm... Under SAS Viya the front-end to build ETL processes will be SAS Studio. In the latest version for Viya there are already some transformations for ETL available and there are more to come.

At one point in the hopefully no more too far future there should be a migration path from SAS9.4 based DI Studio jobs to SAS Viya based SAS Studio jobs. 

Right now we're in this transition phase and I'm not sure how many new projects there will be still using SAS DI Studio for a new implementation. I would expect that SAS DI Studio will still be around for quite a few years and that there will be BAU work and also more and more migration work from DI Studio to Viya SAS Studio jobs.

If DM is your home-turf then I'd probably focus to understand how metadata driven DI Studio works in principal and what transformation it has. And then I'd focus strongly to understand what's already available in SAS Studio under Viya and I'd stay on top of any new Viya releases and what they add to DM capabilities.

As for getting into DI Studio: It's unfortunately not part of any free-of-charge learning/academic edition so you would need to work at a site that has it licensed. I'm also not aware of any free e-learning for DI Studio. The documentation is free and there are white papers. If you've got already experience with another metadata driven ETL tool then that might already give you a good idea how things work - else not sure how far the free information can get you.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation