BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
csjurgensen
Calcite | Level 5

I log into SAS programming 1 course and get a 403 Forbidden error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
There was an unplanned outage that ended at approximately 6-6:15 pm today. The Profile system was impacted and the e-learning server and many other resources that need a Profile sign in to validate your account. You should be able to connect now.
Cynthia

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
There was an unplanned outage that ended at approximately 6-6:15 pm today. The Profile system was impacted and the e-learning server and many other resources that need a Profile sign in to validate your account. You should be able to connect now.
Cynthia
DMH
Calcite | Level 5 DMH
Calcite | Level 5
Hi! I also tried to log in SAS VIYA for learners and I got a 403 error few minutes ago, it shows Forbidden. You don't have permission to access this resource. Is this issue from my account or from the SAS server?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

We see a lot of these type of errors with these scenarios:

1) you use a bookmarked URL to go to the Viya for Learners or to the e-learning server

2) your left your browser up for a long time and your session is no longer connected

3) you're not using Chrome, Firefox or Edge to connect to Viya for Learners or the e-learning server

4) you're on VPN

5) you need to clear your temporary Internet cache and log on again

6) you have more than one SAS Profile (such as a j1234@hotmail.com and j1234@school.edu or j1234@school.edu.country ) and your browser is using the wrong cached credentials to log you onto Viya for Learners.

Most problems can be fixed by clearing your Internet cache, starting from a fresh browser window and going to your My Training page on our server. When you go to your My Training page,

https://support.sas.com/edu/viewmyelearn.html  you will be prompted to log onto your SAS Profile. Once you have a fresh logon to your SAS Profile, you should see your My Training page. If you are using SAS Viya for Learners or the SAS Skill Builder Portal or other e-learning, you can click on the item from your My Training page, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_0-1649551010359.png

If you click on a class title, you'll transfer to the class, If you click on SAS Viya for Learners, you'll get transferred to this page:

Cynthia_sas_1-1649551212450.png

And then you can click the big blue button to enter SAS Drive on Viya for Learners 3.5 -- this is a safer way to go into the system, especially after there were issues with not being able to log on earlier in the day.

I just tried that method and was able to get on (using Google Chrome). I was prompted to accept the terms of use again before I got logged onto SAS Drive.

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

csjurgensen
Calcite | Level 5

That must have been the issue.  I thought it looked like the token was missing from the URL.

Many thanks.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation