BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chuie
Quartz | Level 8

Hi There,

I  need some guidance in measuring a employee productivity  in insurance claims. I  have a following data elements of each employee  by per period.

EmployeeID  Payperiod  #productivehours  #netactivity #decisiontoappeal #closecase  #draft/sendapproval  #readmessage

1                        1                   80                          60                     5                           2               43                                 10

1                        2                   -                                -                  -                              -                 -                                      -

-                         -                   -                               -                    -                              -                -                                       -   

2                        1                  -                               -                    -                              -                -                                        -

The questions I have :

1. How is employee productivity measured?

2. Test the hypothesis that productivehours is correlated with #netactivity. If so how strong?

3. I am doubting on the  the 2 hypothesis is because # net activity is so much related to 1. type of activities( one in bold in data element) and 2. the activities might have weights like one can read 100 emails a day but can only send 2 draft/send approval.

4. So my question on this what is the best way to give weights to each activities ?

5. in future we want to do some sort of simulation research like we how to optimize our resources, what if we make a protocol that each employee has to  complete at least 60 activities how will that affect the com,completion rate  ?

if you could help me answer those 5 question that would be great.

Thank you in advance

C

7 REPLIES 7
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I'd say Q#1 is something your boss or customer would need to answer. Might be a combination of items.

chuie
Quartz | Level 8

thank you... can you please also answer other questions or guide me to right path

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Are you familiar with proc corr?
tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
So wouldn't that be useful for Q2?
chuie
Quartz | Level 8

I did that the correlation  between # hours worked vs # of activities  and the correlation is 0.12. So that comes my question # 3 and 4 which I do not know the logic and any other option 

tomrvincent
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

so you'll have to get into multivariate regression. This should help you:

https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/sas/dae/multivariate-regression-analysis/

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Mastering the WHERE Clause in PROC SQL

SAS' Charu Shankar shares her PROC SQL expertise by showing you how to master the WHERE clause using real winter weather data.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation