BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Banoo
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

In my waterfall, I am plotting change in tumor size for 145 subjects. As a result the subject numbers are not displayed clearly and x-axis is not readable. Is there a way to make the subject numbers (x-axis) tick marks vertical? Attached to this post is an image of x-axis from the plot. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Waterfall Plot xaxis.png

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

It never hurts to share the code you are currently using.

Suggestions that are based on a Proc SGPLOT solution may not be appropriate if you are using Graph Template Language, or vice versa.

Since your current axis is so "ugly" you should provide some examples of what the text displayed on the axis should be.

You should be able to use the VALUESROTATE=Vertical on an XAXIS statement but this interacts to some extent with the FITPOLICY option, which is why I suggest showing the entire code of your plot.

JeffMeyers
Barite | Level 11
As a programmer who also works with tumor measurement data my question is: is it necessary to even show the patient ids in the axis? The purpose of the plot is to get an idea of how patients responded to the treatment in a visual, and using the graph to track an individual patient isn't really efficient. I would turn the ticks and labels off for the x axis and just mention how many patients are included.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation