BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
D_Ling
Calcite | Level 5

Environment:

- win10 laptop running Python 3.9.2, Jupyterlab 3.0.14, saspy 3.6.6, SAS-kernel 2.3.1

- server: SAS 9.4 TS1M6, RedHat Linux

saspy connection:

ssh      =  {   'ssh'     : 'ssh',                                              # local machine ssh path
                'host'    : 'sq5vplmkt001',                                     # remote machine name
                'saspath' : '/app/sas/SASHome/SASFoundation/9.4/bin/sas_en',    # SAS executable on remote
                'encoding': 'latin1',
                'options' : [""]
            }

JupyterLab output - when correct:

D_Ling_0-1618272042582.png

Note it is not able to capture process id properly.

Re-running the cell is dicey, sometimes it shows this instead,

D_Ling_1-1618272448235.png

more often it shows this: 

D_Ling_2-1618272514966.png

eventually getting to

D_Ling_3-1618272677013.png

Extra html text is being displayed as cell output before the desired HTML table.  I think it is sending commands over to SAS correctly, but it is having trouble catching the output correctly for cell display.  This behaviour is consistently reproducible across reboots.  Repeatedly running the cell is not an option when the cell computations are heavy weight.

Any ideas to fix cell output display properly would be appreciated!  STDIO over SSH seem to be the least painful way to connect from win10 to remote Linux SAS. IOM COM seem much more complicated and I'd rather avoid if possible.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sastpw
SAS Employee

Thanks for opening this issue on SASPy (https://github.com/sassoftware/saspy/issues), where I see it immediately, and have already started looking into this for you. I just saw this here; I have to get on here and search for saspy to try to find posting here, which I try to do regularly, though that varies. Opening an issue is the quickest way to reach me. Just posting this as FYI, and I'll continue to work through the issue, not here.

Thanks!

Tom

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sastpw
SAS Employee

Thanks for opening this issue on SASPy (https://github.com/sassoftware/saspy/issues), where I see it immediately, and have already started looking into this for you. I just saw this here; I have to get on here and search for saspy to try to find posting here, which I try to do regularly, though that varies. Opening an issue is the quickest way to reach me. Just posting this as FYI, and I'll continue to work through the issue, not here.

Thanks!

Tom