BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @ChrisHemedinger for confirming the functionality is not available and your interest from the community on their thoughts, experiences and feedback. 

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I haven't seen any changes yet. I logged in this morning from home, then shut down my browser and went to work. When I got home and called up the SAS communities using the same browser, I had to log in again.

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Same thing this morning. Even though I was logged in last night after dinner, I still had to log in again this morning.

--
Paige Miller
Quentin
Super User

Glad to find this thread.  I'm also having to sign in every time I open chrome, and agree, it's definitely reduced my engagement.  Now sometimes I'll just lurk a bit anonymously.  If I want to see if I have any notifications, I'll log in, but it feels like a hassle.  I had assumed something had changed on my browser side.  Glad (?) it's not just me.  We're all on laptops, so leaving chrome running in the background constantly isn't an option.

The Boston Area SAS Users Group (BASUG) is hosting our in person SAS Blowout on Oct 18!
This full-day event in Cambridge, Mass features four presenters from SAS, presenting on a range of SAS 9 programming topics. Pre-registration by Oct 15 is required.
Full details and registration info at https://www.basug.org/events.
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Can the old login form please be restored? I am using KeePass to store credentials and the new form does not allow to use the auto-type-feature any more.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@andreas_lds , and for whom else might be interested,

if you use Chrome, I would like to suggest to download and install the OKTA Secure Web Authentication Plugin. It should be able to help here.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@JuanS_OCS wrote:

@andreas_lds , and for whom else might be interested,

if you use Chrome, I would like to suggest to download and install the OKTA Secure Web Authentication Plugin. It should be able to help here.

Well, @JuanS_OCS , why is that necessary, given that Andreas already had a method that works?

--
Paige Miller
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hmm @PaigeMiller , I think nobody said it is necessary, you just did. I am a "simple" user trying to support another user's challenge, with a suggestion based on my own experience with third party tools, nothing more, nothing less. Same goes for my opinions.

In other hand, "a method that already works" is always to think of. It is always necessary, and the challenge is interesting, to find the balance between progressive and convervative things, isn't it?

ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

We can't restore the old form -- SAS has adopted use of an enterprise authentication service (Okta, as @JuanS_OCS noted) and it's in place for all SAS services that require login.  Communities is just one system in the larger ecosystem.

We will look into what can be done to improve the experience with this service though.  We understand that it's an inconvenience to have to supply your credentials with each visit, especially for those of you who visit multiple times per day.

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.
CJac73
Obsidian | Level 7
Looks like y'all got it fixed.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

There was a fix applied to the signin system to help with the form interface, and we also tweaked a setting on the community to allow for a longer period before session expiration (reducing the amount of prompting for credentials).  

Learn from the Experts! Check out the huge catalog of free sessions in the Ask the Expert webinar series.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 25 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 10 in conversation