BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mdhtrivedi
Obsidian | Level 7

The data set "Sales.csv" has details of number of units sold across regions of four products.The target sales across regions(North, East, West), of four products() is given as (9450,9100,8550,9700). With the help of SAS arrays I want to find, what was the percentage of targets achieved for each product-region pair.

I haven't worked around this problem as am clueless for the approach. Some insights or workaround this is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ballardw
Super User

@mdhtrivedi wrote:

The data set "Sales.csv" has details of number of units sold across regions of four products.The target sales across regions(North, East, West), of four products() is given as (9450,9100,8550,9700). With the help of SAS arrays I want to find, what was the percentage of targets achieved for each product-region pair.

I haven't worked around this problem as am clueless for the approach. Some insights or workaround this is appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

The Community matters section of the forum is intended for comments about the actual site. This question should be better posted to the Programming section.

It really helps with questions in general to show some example data. That way we at least have variable names. So you have targets. Where are the actual sales figures to determine targets achieved?

The generic approach would be to calculate the sum of sales for the appropriate time/ or location. Then  match that to the targets and calculate. But with out examples of what the actual data sets involved look like there really isn't a good way to provide a better targeted solution as the structure and contents of your data will have a significant impact on likely approaches.

mdhtrivedi
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Ballardw,

I have attached sample dataset names "sales.csv" with the post itself, if you cannot find let me know I will repost it. Thank you for your advice!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation