BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Please point me to documentation on how to setup and use a macro under Home / my settings : Macros at the SAS Communities?

I understand SAS Macros, but I am not sure how to create and use the Macros we have in the community.

Are these macros used so that one can auto fill text information that is reusable say as a response and such?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You can create your macros in My Settings. then when you're responding to a users you'll see macros in top right corner of your window.

You can select that macro and the text will be autofilled to your response. It just adds the text like a form letter. It does not automatically submit like the Needs Details buttons.

I believe (though not certain) this platform is built on the Lithium platform so you could search around on the Lithium platforms for Macro functionality. 

Just to be clear, this has no relation to a SAS macro. Macro is a generic term to define: a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task. (from dictionary). 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

You can create your macros in My Settings. then when you're responding to a users you'll see macros in top right corner of your window.

You can select that macro and the text will be autofilled to your response. It just adds the text like a form letter. It does not automatically submit like the Needs Details buttons.

I believe (though not certain) this platform is built on the Lithium platform so you could search around on the Lithium platforms for Macro functionality. 

Just to be clear, this has no relation to a SAS macro. Macro is a generic term to define: a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task. (from dictionary). 

VDD
Ammonite | Level 13 VDD
Ammonite | Level 13

Thank you @Reeza I know and understand these Macros are not like SAS macros.  Your exploitation is exactly what I was looking for and alone the lines of my understanding of the usability of the communities macros under our personal settings on this platform.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation