BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASJR1
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

If there is anymone who ever done this below with success I would like to ask for some knowledge and share your experience

• To do an in-place upgrade from 9.4 m6 to 9.4 m7 including PAM authentication. 
  • PAM has been configured, I am just concerned that it needs to be reconfigured after the upgrade.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Configuring PAM authentication is typically done during the deployment process so I wouldn't think you'd need to do it again, though I personally have only done new deployments. If you did it need to do it again it would be a matter of setting in sasauth.conf the methods=pam instead of methods=pw, and potentially setting up /etc/pam.d/sasauth again, so you could take backup copies of those files to reference just in case.

Installation Note 49432: Configuring PAM on Linux to authenticate through SAS® against Active Directory or LDAP
https://support.sas.com/kb/49/432.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation