BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
jglew
Fluorite | Level 6

We are using SAS Viya 3.5 and have 2 administration questions.

1. We'd like staff to just use SAS Studio Enterprise, not the SAS Studio Basic interface. What's the best way to disable SAS Studio Basic?

1. In SAS Studio Enterprise, we'd like to adjust the default Preferences that people see under Options > Preferences. Is there a way to do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
1. Could you stop/disable the SAS Studio service?
2. I think these are stored in ~/.sasstudio5/preferences in studioPreferences.properties.key, perhaps you could stage the configuration you'd like in each user's home directory?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
1. Could you stop/disable the SAS Studio service?
2. I think these are stored in ~/.sasstudio5/preferences in studioPreferences.properties.key, perhaps you could stage the configuration you'd like in each user's home directory?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
jglew
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! I didn't know about the .sasstudio5 folder in the $HOME directory. That is helpful.

I check with SAS Support re: turning off basic. Like you said, they recommended turning off the service and also shared this location for setting it to be ignored:

/opt/sas/viya/config/etc/viya-svc-mgr/svc-ignore

So I think we are all set. Appreciate the info.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation