BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

How can we specify a session time-out interval after a specific period, session is not getting logoff after a long period

5 REPLIES 5
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @Aneeket;

As per my guess(according to your previous post), you want to change timeout in SAS 9.3 WRS.

Follow these steps to change session timeout

1 Modify the following code in the appropriate files according to your web application (please find below link to get the filename and path of the files):

<session-config>
<session-timeout>time-out-interval</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Replace time-out-interval with the time-out interval in minutes. As a recommendation, the number should be no smaller than 5. When you are finished, save and close the file.

2 Use the SAS Deployment Manager to rebuild the EAR files that contain the SAS Web applications.

3 stop the SAS Web Application service

4 Redeploy the Web applications whose files you modified.

5 Start the SAS Web Application service

Please refer this link for more clarification (PAGE 151-154):http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/65708/PDF/default/bimtag.pdf 

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much kalind for your valuable response. I have followed first 3 step. but 4 step - Redeploy the Web applications, please provide the image base document for IBM webshpere.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

could you read, on the same document as provided by @Kalind_Patel, pages 124-144, more specific the page 135 about IBM WebSphere? It describes the redeploy process quite nicely. But if you have any specif question regarding that, please let us know.

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @Aneeket;

Unfortunately, there is no official document available for redeploying web applications on IBM web sphere with screenshots,

But as @JuanS_OCS mentioned, you can follow that steps from the document,

And if you are not sure about this, I will recommend to involving SAS support in this.

Thanks,

Kalind

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much @JuanS_OCS and @Kalind_Patel, your valuable input is very useful;  I am going through documents on page no. 137 under g. 'Manage Modules' I am not able to find link of war file. I am enclosing the screen shot of steps. When I am clicking the 'SAS Web Report Studio' link getting the screen shot '2' ; 

2.jpgManage Module.jpg

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation