BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

How can we specify a session time-out interval after a specific period, session is not getting logoff after a long period

5 REPLIES 5
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @Aneeket;

As per my guess(according to your previous post), you want to change timeout in SAS 9.3 WRS.

Follow these steps to change session timeout

1 Modify the following code in the appropriate files according to your web application (please find below link to get the filename and path of the files):

<session-config>
<session-timeout>time-out-interval</session-timeout>
</session-config>

Replace time-out-interval with the time-out interval in minutes. As a recommendation, the number should be no smaller than 5. When you are finished, save and close the file.

2 Use the SAS Deployment Manager to rebuild the EAR files that contain the SAS Web applications.

3 stop the SAS Web Application service

4 Redeploy the Web applications whose files you modified.

5 Start the SAS Web Application service

Please refer this link for more clarification (PAGE 151-154):http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bimtag/65708/PDF/default/bimtag.pdf 

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much kalind for your valuable response. I have followed first 3 step. but 4 step - Redeploy the Web applications, please provide the image base document for IBM webshpere.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

could you read, on the same document as provided by @Kalind_Patel, pages 124-144, more specific the page 135 about IBM WebSphere? It describes the redeploy process quite nicely. But if you have any specif question regarding that, please let us know.

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @Aneeket;

Unfortunately, there is no official document available for redeploying web applications on IBM web sphere with screenshots,

But as @JuanS_OCS mentioned, you can follow that steps from the document,

And if you are not sure about this, I will recommend to involving SAS support in this.

Thanks,

Kalind

Aneeket
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much @JuanS_OCS and @Kalind_Patel, your valuable input is very useful;  I am going through documents on page no. 137 under g. 'Manage Modules' I am not able to find link of war file. I am enclosing the screen shot of steps. When I am clicking the 'SAS Web Report Studio' link getting the screen shot '2' ; 

2.jpgManage Module.jpg

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation