BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear SAS communities, 

I have recently installed a SAS Server in single machine. After the installation it appears that there is some sas process using java which consumes lot of memory. Please see below the process : 

ibrwa_0-1614253186464.png

My question is that is it safe to kill this process ? It doesn't broken the SASApp specially the SASServer of Webserver because I see -start option in the command.. With this process I have used 92% of my memory so I need to clean up my memory usage.

Thank you for your responses. 

Kind regards ,

Ibrahima.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

16 GB for the web-server? or are all tiers on one machine? Depending on the what you have running, 16 gb could be too little.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

You may want to contact tech-support. In the meantime: i would NOT kill those processes, the WebApps use Java, some other processing on the other tiers, too. Please post some more details about the "hardware" you are using, especially the amount of memory is important.

ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

@andreas_lds  Thank you for your reply. I have 16GB of RAM and 2TB of total disk storage and 4 cores. Please see blow the commands: 

ibrwa_0-1614259911203.png

I will contact SAS support. Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind regards ,

Ibrahima

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

16 GB for the web-server? or are all tiers on one machine? Depending on the what you have running, 16 gb could be too little.

ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

@andreas_lds  Thank you again for the reply. 

I have in all 16GB of RAM in the server. Since I'm using only SAS EG and Stored process maybe killing SAS WEB server process is not a big issue because I wont not use SAS Studio or SAS Environment Manager.  But I will wait the answer of SAS Support. 

Have a nice day. 

Ibrahima.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation