BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear SAS communities, 

I'm currently trying to install a SAS 9.4 on BI server. I tried first to install the binary (install SAS Software). When I start the configuration part I don't have all windows of configuration and I got only the installation of deployment manager. Could you please help me ? What I did that was wrong ? 

Thank you very much in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ibrahima13 - If you are doing a new install then installing the latest version SAS 9.4M7 would be best practice.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear SAS communities ,

To give you more details about this issue, you can find attachment the response file of binary installation and also the response file of configuration part. 

As you can see in the configuration part I don't have any prompt windows to configure metadata server, object spawner etc.... 

Thank you for your help in advance. 

Kind regards,

SASKiwi
PROC Star

You would be better off dealing with SAS Tech Support on this. A lot more information about your environment and what you have so far is needed before having any idea what your problem is.

ibrahima13
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Kiwi, 

Thank you very much for your help. I opened I a SAS ticket. I'm trying to install SAS 9.4 BI server on a single Linux machine Redhat 8.  I'm sure that the issue is linked to the depot/SID files. I tried with an old depot and I can get the configuration windows/prompts during installation. I attached the screenshots of installation.

So thank you again I'm waiting for a new depot from SAS.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,

Ibrahima

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@ibrahima13 - If you are doing a new install then installing the latest version SAS 9.4M7 would be best practice.

ibrwa
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you SASKiwi for your reply. 

I have a track with SAS support. I have downloaded again the depot. When I try to install it, I still have issue with configuration part. Will see with SAS Support. 

Have a nice day. 

Kind regards, 

Ibrahima

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation