BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Handres
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to install application server,but is throwing error saying "unable to connect with the connection information" after entering sasadm credential.pls help

4 REPLIES 4
vbkm
Fluorite | Level 6
Make sure you are connecting to Metadata server using correct port and using right sasadm credentials.
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

when exactly are you getting that error?

(I assume "installing an app server" means that you are creating one?)

If you are trying to connect to your new app server, the user ID you are using has to be a non-admin users.

As an example, the default user sasdemo would work.

You need a metadata ID that is associate with an OS account, non-admin.

At what point do you get that error? How do you create a new app server?

Where do you get the error, in SASMC?

When the error pops up, is there an option to click on "details", and if so, could you provide the entire error message?

Thanks

Anja

Handres
Calcite | Level 5

yes.I am creating new application server from deployment wizard.I am using sasadm internal account for installation.I am getting the error after entering metadata and userid details in deployment wizard.no option to view details of the error

owagner
Calcite | Level 5
Is the metadata server running?
https://www.youracclaim.com/user/olaf-wagner

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation