BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DGrint
Obsidian | Level 7

I suspect the answer to my question is to upgrade the SAS software on my laptop, but I'll continue anyway...

I recently upgraded to 64-bit 9.4 TS1M6 on my desktop. Now my laptop cannot open datasets created by my desktop. i get an error message saying 'file is not a SAS dataset'.

My laptop is running 64-bit 9.4 TS1M3. I didn't expect this to cause problems, but also noticed that my desktop apparently runs on the X64_10pro platform, whereas my laptop is X64_8pro. Both are running Windows 10.

I don't really know what these platforms mean, but it looks like the difference stops them from recognising SAS datasets created by the other.

So, upgrade my laptop to the newest flavour, or am I missing something else?

Thanks

Daniel

2 REPLIES 2
andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

I found http://support.sas.com/kb/57/528.html saying that "X64_8pro" is just a display-problem, not causing any trouble. You should contact tech-support, they may have seen this error before.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation