BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
carmencody
Obsidian | Level 7

How do I find out which users have been logging in and using SAS Studio or Enterprise Guide on my Office Analytics server? I was able to find this information once, but cannot seem to get back to it.

We have a Windows Server environment with 9.4m6 Office Analytics.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

Maybe you don't have SAS EVM installed (or installed properly), it's not mandatory for SAS 9.4.

If nothing else you could parse your Metadata Server Logs... that contains information about everybody who logs in and, I think, enough info to find out the client.

We also have a separate program, ESM (Enterprise Session Monitor - https://boemskats.com/products/esm/) which lets us do things like this a bit better than EVM does.  They've actually been acquired by SAS, so it might be easy to get their stuff added on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11
Can you get what information you want from the SAS Environment Manager reports (https://go.documentation.sas.com/api/collections/evcdc/2.5_M1/docsets/evug/content/evug.pdf?locale=e... - see around page 92-95)
carmencody
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you for the tip. Perhaps this is why I couldn't find how I got my list of users before. The Report Center says this:
Report Center is currently unavailable. Service Architecture has not been initialized.

I will do a search on that.
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

Maybe you don't have SAS EVM installed (or installed properly), it's not mandatory for SAS 9.4.

If nothing else you could parse your Metadata Server Logs... that contains information about everybody who logs in and, I think, enough info to find out the client.

We also have a separate program, ESM (Enterprise Session Monitor - https://boemskats.com/products/esm/) which lets us do things like this a bit better than EVM does.  They've actually been acquired by SAS, so it might be easy to get their stuff added on.

carmencody
Obsidian | Level 7
Could be that it is not installed properly. I had to update the certificate on the SAS Environment Manager Web Console yesterday. It was not straightforward, but I did get into the EVManager to delete the old keystore, so that the new certificate could be applied. At least I know it is up and running.
I will look into this Enterprise Session Monitor as you suggest and parse the logs in the meanwhile.
Thank you!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation