BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ANLYNG
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi Community,

we have large dataset processed via defined subflows in one flow in SAS Management console. We use SAS DI to define the deployed jobs.

Sometimes the batch flow result in an error and stop processing because of memory exhaust.

I was wondering if it would help if I scheduled only one flow at a time instead of one flow contaning 6 subflows? or is there a option where I can reset the memory use in the sas di jobs?

Thanks in advance. I look forward to hear from you and the best practice for minimzing memory use during batch running via SAS SMC.

Regards,

Ann

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hi, 

Question is if you are constrained by memory in the job, or if the whole server's memory is exhasted.

• To increase the memory availbe for a single job - you can add the MEMSIZE option on a deployed job in SMC, use the Advanced... in the Scheduling details tab.
  • If server memory is constrained, rearrange jobs so they don't run in parallel, or decrease the MEMSIZE for relevant jobs.

You can also change the MEMSIZE for all your jobs, e.g. using the config file under /BatchServer.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Hi, 

Question is if you are constrained by memory in the job, or if the whole server's memory is exhasted.

• To increase the memory availbe for a single job - you can add the MEMSIZE option on a deployed job in SMC, use the Advanced... in the Scheduling details tab.
  • If server memory is constrained, rearrange jobs so they don't run in parallel, or decrease the MEMSIZE for relevant jobs.

You can also change the MEMSIZE for all your jobs, e.g. using the config file under /BatchServer.

Data never sleeps

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation