BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

We recently changed the password for the installer account in the Active Directory. Since then, the account gets locked out in SAS due to bad authentication attempts. When we checked why this is happening, we found out that the old password is specified in the environment manager for SAS grid manager platform, but I cannot update the password without the starting the environment manager agent on the midtier machine.

sangavis37_0-1702988383833.png

If I start the environment manager agent, it simply locks out the account and I cannot update it 

sangavis37_1-1702988460260.png

So I seem to be running in circle here as there is no way of doing it without the platform being available. Please let me know if there is a way of doing this in the backend, instead of the UI.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for this suggestion. We followed the below steps to resolve it.

1. start the evm agents

2. Opened the configure page of grid manager platform

3. Cleared all the fields which includes the lsf admin username, passwords, ticket url and service url

4. Saved the changes

5. Then stopped the evm agents and waited for the metadata server to unlock the account which took 5 minutes

6. Started the agents and then updated the fields

This seemed to have worked. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
I don't think it's possible to set this outside of the UI. Perhaps you could only start the server and leave the agent stopped?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Greg, thanks for the response. Without the agent, the platform (middle tier server on which grid manager is configured on) is reported as unavailable, so it does not save the changes.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Could you remove the SAS Grid Manager resource entirely? When it gets rediscovered it would have no configured password so wouldn't try to log in.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sangavis37
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for this suggestion. We followed the below steps to resolve it.

1. start the evm agents

2. Opened the configure page of grid manager platform

3. Cleared all the fields which includes the lsf admin username, passwords, ticket url and service url

4. Saved the changes

5. Then stopped the evm agents and waited for the metadata server to unlock the account which took 5 minutes

6. Started the agents and then updated the fields

This seemed to have worked. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation