BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Anyone know if using SAS Deployment Manager to uninstall old versions of products after they've been upgraded with a maintenance release would have any negative impact?

I've gone through several upgrades in my current environment, and I would like to conserve disk space.  I see things like:

<sas home>/SASStudioMidtier/3.2

<sas home>/SASStudioMidtier/3.4

<sas home>/SASStudioMidtier/3.5

<sas home>/SASStudioMidtier/3.6

<sas home>/SASStudioMidtier/3.7

Since we're currently on 3.7, I would think I can use Deployment Manager to uninstall all the other versions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Timmy2383 

If you have done UIP then usually the shared binaries are upgraded to a later version and if any of these get uninstalled then it may effect your deployment. If you only wish to remove the files under the SASStudioMidTier folder I think it should be fine.

I am not sure how SDM would display so many versions of software during uninstall, so I would suggest you to take a cold backup before uninstalling in-case you have to revert back.

If your motive is only to save disk space, check what files are consuming more space and if they aren't config or binaries you can delete them as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @Timmy2383 

If you have done UIP then usually the shared binaries are upgraded to a later version and if any of these get uninstalled then it may effect your deployment. If you only wish to remove the files under the SASStudioMidTier folder I think it should be fine.

I am not sure how SDM would display so many versions of software during uninstall, so I would suggest you to take a cold backup before uninstalling in-case you have to revert back.

If your motive is only to save disk space, check what files are consuming more space and if they aren't config or binaries you can delete them as well.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation