BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi All,

How to setup alarm type for exception handler definition in the Job properties in SMC /flow manager. I couldn't find any document  on this.Please can you help me on this.

Thanks,

SS

sathya66_0-1591635372220.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

This IBM technote describes how to create an alarm.

Create an Alarm:
1. Change directory to PPM Alarm directory
>cd /<JS_TOP>/work/alarms

2. Create an alarm script
>cat example.alarm
DESCRIPTION=Description of alarm
NOTIFICATION=Email[user1@company.com,user2@company.com]
#NOTIFICATION=CMD[/file_path/script_file #{user_variable}]

3. Reconfigure Alarm
>jreconfigalarm

Source: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/process-manager-create-alarm

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Thanks , it worked but  have 3 issues

1. Sometimes alarms will disappear from the drop down menu.

2.we can't edit/modify the alarm once saved /applied.

3. It will show at job level not at flow level .it should show the alarms at flow level and job level

do I need to do anything once after  reconfigure alarm to get it work.

3. Reconfigure Alarm
>jreconfigalarm

below screen shot showing none but we have alarms configured.refresh doesn't work.new session works sometimes.

sathya66_0-1592472485640.png

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
After you make modifications to an existing alarm file or add a new one you would run jreconfigalarm to read in those changes.

In my testing I added an alarm and ran jreconfigalarm and after clicking "Refresh" was able to see this in the Alarm type drop-down list. If this is not happening for you, ensure you have the latest hot fixes installed. You may also wish to raise a technical support track.

In the properties for the flow under the "Job Attributes" tab you can find the Exception Handler section. This is also available in the advanced properties for the individual jobs.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation