BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sram4790
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Currently having issue completing the update SAS 9.4 TS1M3 from SAS 9.4 TS1M2.

Was successful with primary SAS Deployment Wizard installation , but facing errors when SAS Deployment mode starts the update.

This is the Configuration failure error messgae found (more details on the error with the attached image)

${metadatasrv.status.error.upgradeMetadataUtility.failure.msg}

Configuration Script :

/apps/sas/Config/SAS_94/SOFTWARE/SASDeploymentManager/9.4/products/cfgwizard__94435__prt__xx__sp0__1/Config/cfgwizard_config.xml

Any reviews on the same will be assistive. Appreciate in Advance!!

SAS Update error.png
6 REPLIES 6
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

More info is available in the file refered to by the link in the dialog (/apps/SAS/config/...log) . Click on it and it will open in your browser. Alternatively you can copy the name and open the file in your favorite text editor. 

There is bound to be a lot of general information that I tend to take for granted. Scroll down (often I actually scroll through the file bottom-up) and some Java dumps will be there that contain information about the failure. You may want to attach the file to this post if the cause of the error is not obvious to you.

Regards,

- Jan.

sram4790
Obsidian | Level 7

Jan,

You are right , it s more of a Java error ,which i dont have any knowledge. find attached the Error log, missed out in my last post.

Let me know if you can find anything.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I can see a file-not-found error happening. There is a configuration variable that did not get resolved: 

${config.lev.logs.configure.dir}

As this string is now integral part of a pathname, the file-not-found is a logical consequence. That said, I have no clue how this can happen and what to do about it. I have seen it before (lon time ago) and probably just restarted the process. But maybe others can be of more assistance.

You may also consider sending this to SAS Tech Support. 

Regards,

- Jan.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

its a long shot, ,but is your license file still valid, and, does the user ID you are installing with have all the permissions needed to do an upgrade?

Thanks

Anja

sram4790
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes everything look fine from the end.

It's a valid license file and executing User id is also having all accesses.

userid007
Obsidian | Level 7

Is this the same id used for initial  installation and configuration ?

Sai Korrapati

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation