BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

After setting UPN same as SPN, I did undo the SAS_SERVICE_PRINICIPAL setting on the level_env_usermods.sh file. So the compute tier does not have a keytab of it's own. I just copied the meta keytab on the compute (not knowing if it's needed or not). So should the keytab contain the SPN of both meta and compute ?

SAS/sastestmd.healthcore.local  --meta

SAS/sastest.healthcore.local -- compute. 

Set the UPN = SAS/sastestmd.healthcore.local and add the SAS_SERVICE_PRINICIPAL= SAS/sastestmd.healthcore.local on the level_env_usermods.sh file since UPN will not be equal to SPN for compute.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If the sastest SPN registered to the sastestmd UPN, then a keytab containing both with the SAS_SERVICE_PRINCIPAL set to the SAS/sastestmd on the compute tier would satisfy the requirement.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks much @gwootton ! I'll try that. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation