BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6

I have tried to upgrade SAS VA 7.4 to 7.5 to (SAS 9.4 M4 to sas 9.4 M5), and have observed the below error in the logs.

[echo] 11:03:11 ERROR UrgReq 1610:There were problems promoting the exploration to a report. Please see the log file for details.
[echo] 11:03:11 ERROR UrgReq 1610: error converting unknown page/section: unexpected java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException thrown. Message = "Index: 0, Size: 0"
[echo] UrgReq 1610: error converting unknown page/section: unexpected java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException thrown. Message = "Index: 0, Size: 0"
[echo] 11:03:11 ERROR UrgReq 1610: PROMOTION: issue with visual object "Overall Disputes Channel -> (all)"
[echo] UrgReq 1610: PROMOTION: issue with visual object "Overall Disputes Channel -> (all)"
[echo] 11:03:11 ERROR UrgReq 1610: PROMOTION: issue with visual object "Overall Disputes Channel -> (all)"
[echo] [echo] update failed for exploration at "Shared Data/SAS Visual Analytics/Public/Disputes/UrgReq 1610", status is "UPDATED_WITH_ERRORS".

I have tried to search it online, but not to much of help.

The installer part is failing on below Steps:

Step 8: Update Content

6. SAS Visual Analytics Explorer

Step 9: Run Post-update Tasks

3. SAS Environment Manager Configurations.

Unable to attach the snapshot because of security restrictions. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

regards,

Ritesh Narula

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6

As suspected initially, this is more of metadata upgrade issue, and will not impact the application upgrade. Definitely, it is a big headache to import the metadata & look for any broken links, if any. So, bottom line is we can proceed with upgrade if we encounter the above error that I have mentioned in the track, but need to deal with metadata separately.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6
A correction (apologies), the upgrade is from M4 to M6. And the intention of upgrade is to de-flash the SAS VA application.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

From what I can see a VA 7.4 exploration is being promoted and converted to a report in 7.5. If these are the only errors you are seeing and this is the only object affected then one option would be to continue with the upgrade and build the report from scratch afterwards. The alternative would be to raise a Tech Support track to try and fix the problem.

rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks @SASKiwi.

Yes, even I thought of the same, and have raised a track with SAS. Luckily,
I have the metadata, so I can recover it manually, but the problem is that
it is not even allowing me to delete the metadata.

Awaiting a response here and/or SAS track.

Appreciate your response. I will come back as soon as I get a response from
them.

regards,
Ritesh Narula
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@rinarula  - Good to hear you are already progressing this with SAS Tech Support. I'm interested because we are doing a VA 7.4 to 7.5 upgrade right now too and it hasn't been plain sailing...

rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes @SASKiwi, yes it is a very rough journey for me too.

And unfortunately, we have seen a defect related to emi-framework, and
somehow it got resolved with a quick work around.

Hope to get a response on this soon, I will update further.

Regards,
Ritesh Narula
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @rinarula,

I wonder, why the upgrade is to M6 and not to M7, the latest one where all is completely de-flashed and with several upgrade improvements? My initial suggestion would be to rollback to initial state, validate the rollback, request a M7 depot, update depot to the latest hotfixes, then retry the upgrade again.

As there are issues, and the message is not very clear, regardless if you go to M7 or not, I would suggest to increase the loglevel parameter of the sdw and sdm with the parameter -loglevel 2. With this and the logs on the SAS components, you should be able to receive better information on the issue.

In any case, good idea you opened  ticket with SAS. Please share the progress with us.

Best regards,

Juan

rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks @JuanS_OCS,

Obvious choice at this time should be M7, but M6 is the choice because of internal reasons.

And thanks for sharing the wonderful idea about increasing the logging level.

Yes, I will keep the thread updated with progress.

Regards,
Ritesh Narula
rinarula
Fluorite | Level 6

As suspected initially, this is more of metadata upgrade issue, and will not impact the application upgrade. Definitely, it is a big headache to import the metadata & look for any broken links, if any. So, bottom line is we can proceed with upgrade if we encounter the above error that I have mentioned in the track, but need to deal with metadata separately.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation