BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Team, 

I do not see this option in SAS Management Console while scheduling  "After the state of the flow is determined" in the Flow properties i can see only "Flow completion criteria". Is there any option to enable this in SMC. 

But in IBM Process flow manager i can see both the options but it is graded out in Flow manager. I cannot able to choose it in flow manager. 

3 REPLIES 3
AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

I understood that this can be achieved in Flow editor. But i dont have flow editor as of now, is there a way i can achieve it in SAS Management console. 

Or Can someone confirm Flow editor also comes with along with IBM flow editor, the only thing is the admins has to enable it? Can you please list of out this info as well. thanks. 

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

It is not entirely clear what missing attribute or setting you are referring to. Can you elaborate, maybe include a screen shot?

I do have two broad remarks related to this part of the schedule definitions:

1) The LSF license that comes with SAS is not a "full" license. It is aimed at defining schedules from within SMC. And SMC by no means contains teh full set of Flow editor capabilities. Flow editor is not even part of that license. Would one change a schedule with a proper full LSF license using Flow Editor than SMC would not know about these changes and a discrepency is created. Rescheduling from SMC would overwrite all your changes.

2) The "Actions after the state of the flow is determined" attribute was ignored in older SAS 9.4 releases. This was hotfixed in later release (IIRC 9.4M2) and fixed in subsequent 9.4 maintenance release. Also, there are 4 options in LSF but only 3 in SMC ("Stop the flow and kill running work items" is missing). Maybe you are running an older SAs release and this is bothering you?

Regards,

-- Jan

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @AravindPalanichamy 

In SMC, "Actions after the state of the flow is determined" option should be available under the attributes tab of the properties section of the flow you have created. In-case that is grayed out, you should try logging into SMC using the flow owner ID Or else try to schedule a flow using SMC, which when prompted for credentials enter the apt. user id and pass.

This allows SMC to make the connection to read info from the files on OS. Once you have done this, try to open other flow and see if these options are now available.

Also, as advised by @jklaverstijn, with SAS LSF license you don't get flow editor, only flowmanager and caleditor clients are available.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation