BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8
  1. Running SAS 9.4m7 on SAS Grid on RHEL7 (Linux)
  2. Installed SAS Grid Client Utilities on Windows
  3. Installed SAS DI on Windows
  4. Installed SAS Management Console on Windows
  5. Installed Flow Manager on Windows
  6. Configured sasgsub.cfg with the following options:
    1. -METASERVER dns-name-sas-grid-on-linux
    2. -METAPORT 8561
    3. -METAREPOSITORY Foundation
    4. -METAUSER _PROMPT_
    5. -METAPASS _PROMPT_

When I use the following SASGSUB commands I get several issues:

Interactive mode:

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4>sasgsub -GRIDCONFIG "c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASGridManagerClientUtility\9.4\config\sasgsub.cfg" -gridrunsaslm

ERROR: Cannot initialize the grid provider module.

Get Grid Status:

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4>sasgsub -GRIDCONFIG "c:\Program Files\SASHome\SASGridManagerClientUtility\9.4\config\sasgsub.cfg" -gridgetstatus '-all'

ERROR: Cannot initialize the grid provider module.

ERROR: The directory was not found.

ERROR: The GRIDWORK shared filesystem location is not specified or specifies an invalid location. ERROR: The file was not found: C:\data\gridwork.

4 REPLIES 4
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @gra_in_aus 

Is the machine added to cluster as grid client?

doug_sas
SAS Employee

One thing I would recommend is to use the sasgsub script and configuration file that is in <config>/<LevX>/Applications/SASGridManagerClientUtility/9.4 rather than using the executable directly. The script will automatically setup some paths and use the sasgsub.cfg in that directory which was setup by the SAS Deployment Wizard. The executeable and config file you are using are not meant to be used like you are using it now. I think will resolve many of your problems.

Which grid provider are you using? Platform Suite for SAS (i.e., LSF) or SAS Workload Orchestrator (SWO)? If LSF, make sure you installed the LSF client selecting the Windows client to a Linux grid option and that you restarted your machine. If using SWO with user/pwd credentials, make sure you have stored credentials in metadata, stored credentials in an .authinfo file, or used the GRIDUSER/GRIDPASSWORD options on SASGSUB. If using SWO with Kerberos, make sure you add the -SSPI option to the SASGSUB command.

I am going to assume you are using a shared file system between the Windows client and the Linux grid since that by far the most common setup. For example lets say that you have a shared directory named "/opt/sas/gridshare" on the Linux system that you have shared out as a CIFS share (using SAMBA or something provided by your filer appliance) as "\\mysharehost\gridshare". Make sure you have the GRIDWORK option set to the grid share path as the Windows client sees it (i.e., "\\mysharehost\gridshare") and the GRIDWORKREM option set to the grid share path as the grid sees it (i.e.,"/opt/sas/gridshare").

Lastly, more debug information may be available if yo add the -verbose/-trace option to the command line.

gra_in_aus
Quartz | Level 8
Thanks @doug_sas, I have looked an could not see any SASGSUB script file in the Windows environment that may have been created during installation of the SAS Grid Client Utilites.

LSF Flow Manager has already been installed. I will try and setup a SAMBA/CIFS mount between Windows and SAS Grid to allow Gridwork to be configured correctly.
doug_sas
SAS Employee

If the <SAS_config_dir>/<LevX>/Applications/SASGridManagerClientUtility/9.4/ directory does not exist, then the SAS Grid Manager Client Utility product was not in the plan file to be configured on that machine. I would recommend fixing the plan and updating your configuration.

One thing it will ask about is the location of the grid shared directory. This will be the CIFS share from the Windows side.

You must perform a LSF client install which is not the same as Flow Manager. Flow Manager is part of Process Manager which is used for scheduling work flows. The information in a Platform Suite for SAS Windows Install document will help you install it, specifically, the section named "Installing LSF on Grid Nodes or SAS Foundation Grid Clients".

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation