BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I've started using Base SAS and need to renew the SAS license. I've a .txt file for license but don't know how to do renewal.

there is no option for 'Renew SAS software' in SAS folder(Start Windows-> SAS folder->utilities) or in SAS deployment manager to import the new license. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you have a client/server setup, the license renewal must be done on the server, using the SAS install user (as write access to a part of SASHELP is needed).

anja
SAS Employee

Hi

What SAS version are you running?

Thanks

Anja

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you KurtBremser and Anja for your reply.

SAS 9.4 M2 is the version that I'm running.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello,

in case you cannot find it on your start menu, you can always find it on [C:\Program Files\]SASHome\SASRenewalUtility\9.4.

Also, now the trend is to use the SAS Deployment Manager. Therefore C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentManager\9.4\sasdm.exe and the option to renew the licenses.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation