BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
danewt
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Folks, I've recently started upgrading our SAS installation. I'm seeing some odd behavior from SAS Enterprise Guide 8.3 (ver 8.3.0.103) where it has been upgraded on a few Windows terminal servers for testing by our business users and our support team in IT.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that when I run SEG 8.3, only pre-assigned Oracle libraries are visible. When I run SEG 7.15 (still installed on the same machine) all libraries - both pre-assigned and not - are visible with a different color icon for each of the two. One (and only one) of our business users sees both pre-assigned and not pre-assigned libraries when she starts SEG 8.3. Other business users seem to see libraries presented the way I see them; pre-assigned only.

The other strange thing that's going on for the "One-and-only" user is that while she sees both pre-assigned and not libraries, she doesn't see a new Oracle library that I just created whether I set it to pre-assigned or not. Other SEG 8.3 users and I can see the new library in SEG 8.3 when it is pre-assigned. When the One-and-only user starts SEG 7.15, she gets the same behavior; she sees both types of libraries but not the new library.

So, the issue seems to be on the client end with SEG 8.3 rather than the metadata server. 

The metadata server (and other Office Analytics servers) have been upgraded to 9.4M7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

This button will show/hide libraries that are not preassigned. 

gwootton_0-1605905517578.png

Enterprise Guide will not display libraries for which the user does not have ReadMetadata permission or preassigned libraries that failed to assign when the Workspace Server started, so you may wish to check the one user's permission to the new library.

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

This button will show/hide libraries that are not preassigned. 

gwootton_0-1605905517578.png

Enterprise Guide will not display libraries for which the user does not have ReadMetadata permission or preassigned libraries that failed to assign when the Workspace Server started, so you may wish to check the one user's permission to the new library.

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
danewt
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks, Greg. The filter button did the trick for the first part.

Then I reconfigured the user's group memberships - I actually removed her from a group that did not have ReadMetadata permission - and that solved the other issue. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation