BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

User try to run the Cube and he got these following Errors and also he stated that he is not able to modify or update the cube and it is still showing the old metadata modified date.

ERROR: Unable to resolve host name specified by SERVER=.
ERROR: Libref dnbtstf failed to assign from logical server.
ERROR: Libref dnbtstf3 failed to assign from logical server.

WARNING: The PATH option will be ignored; it is only valid when creating a new cube.
NOTE: The cube registration was found.
ERROR: File was not found.  File =...SalesCube/RDM_Sales_Cube/gen0000/RDM_Sales_Cube.cube. 
System Error Code = 2.
ERROR: The file was not found: ...SalesCube/RDM_Sales_Cube/gen0000/RDM_Sales_Cube.cube.
ERROR: The cube file cannot be opened.
ERROR: An internal cube file could not be found.  The physical files for this cube might have been deleted.
NOTE: The cube registration was deleted.
ERROR: The physical cube cannot be deleted.
WARNING: Some physical files either did not exist or could not be removed at this time.
NOTE: Cube "RDM_Sales_Cube" was deleted.
NOTE: PROCEDURE OLAP used (Total process time):
      real time           1.59 seconds
      cpu time            0.03 seconds

I just want to clarify whether this is falling under metadata issue or this is something related coding or they way OLAP cube works.?

5 REPLIES 5
ballardw
Super User

I think you want to start with the first error:

Looks like a SERVER was specified incorrectly and possibly not at all.

AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5
Please ignore the server part as he mentioned correct server names and port details.

I have just got an update that this user renamed the cube. But in the error it was still checking for the old name.
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @AravindPalanichamy,

it seems very much to me as you have got a corrupted cube in the metadata.

To fix it might be possible, although it requires in-depth knowledge of the metadata design and some amount of time.

If it is possible to re-create the cube as a new one, I would strongly go for that option.

AravindPalanichamy
Calcite | Level 5

User tried that and issue here is Metadata date is not modified. Its still showing the old date.

anja
SAS Employee

Hi

as mentioned, rebuilding might be the best way to go.

You might already be familiar with this info? As future ref for renaming cubes:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/olapug/69844/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1hehwp07vbxf1n18pa...

Thanks

Anja

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation