BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
amolk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Customer has integrated Linux machines with AD using powerbroker utility, which is open source version.

We have deployed SAS using PAM authentication and authentication is working fine with AD users.

Till now we have not faced any challenges with AD authentication.

Now customer wants to know if its there any limitation for SAS to work with powerbroker's open source version.

Has anyone worked with powerbroker open source version or have any inputs on customer's query.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

This is how I understand PowerBroker and SAS authentication to work / or not work together:

Authentication required for Workspace Server, Stored Process Server etc. will happen every time such a server is being

spawned by the Object Spawner. The user IDs authenticated by the metadata server when communicating with the

Object Spawner require an OS user ID (very high level and unconventional explained)

As far as I understand PowerBroker, such an authentication mechanism wouldn't happen anymore and for that reason,

PowerBroker might not work with SAS.

Maybe someone else has some additional input. Else, this would be a good candidate to be addressed with

SAS Tech Sup.

Best

Anja

amolk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Anja,

Thanks for replying.

Currently I am able to launch workspace session using AD account.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation