BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pollewops
Fluorite | Level 6

I installed SAS Miner Client on my Windows 10 x64 machine.

Login using userid/password does work.

Login using single sign-on FAILS 😞

Same installation on Windows 7 x86 or x64 does work succesful. Also single sign-on.

Anyone experience the same problem with Windows 10 x64 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bishal18
SAS Employee

Hello @Pollewops,

If you already have a SAS Technical Support track open then I would advise that you work with the SAS consultant on the track to further diagnose the issue. They are well equipped and qualified to assist you.

Diagnosing IWA issues can be tricky and complicated since it involves reviewing various confiugrations in place on mid-tier and operating system level. Doing it here on Communities thread will be cumbersome and time consuming.

Thanks,

Bishal

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bishal18
SAS Employee

Hello,

First thing I would make sure is that you are on a supported SAS configuration - Windows 10 is only supported on SAS 9.4M3 and SAS 9.4M4. Are you on one of these maintenance levels of SAS 9.4? This means Windows 10 is only supported for SAS Enterprise Miner Client 14.1 (at SAS 9.4M3) and SAS Enterprise Miner Client 14.2 (at SAS 9.4M4). Are you using one of these Windows 10 supported versions of the client?

If yes then can you confirm that the working client on Windows 7 and non-working client on Windows 10 connecting to the same server/environment? If they are then the issue would be on the client side- did you complete all the client side IWA configuration steps documented under "Configuring Client Machines to Use Integrated Windows Authentication" section of the SAS documentation below:

SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Third Edition

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisecag/69827/PDF/default/bisecag.pdf 

It would also help to know what error exactly you get when you attempt to log on using IWA on the failing Windows 10 Client machine if you are on a supported SAS configuration and have completed all the required configuration steps on the client side.

Thanks,

Bishal

Pollewops
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Bishal,

Yes we use a suppported environment and use SAS Enterprise Miner Client 14.1.

The main strange thing is that EM_CONSOLE.EXE does work fine and only EM.EXE caused the IWA issue that when IWA is checked, the EM.EXE application stops responding and "hangs".

Also on Windows 7 x86/x64 the exact same installation does work fine.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Pollewops,

it seems to me as there is some kind of trouble with NTLM or Kerberos, depending on your configuration. If you are sure the configuration settings are the same, probably the best thing for you to do is to contact SAS Technical Support. Do they have already a track open by you?

Pollewops
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi, Yes a track is already open with SAS.....they are examine this already for more then a week 😞

I need to wait a little bit more I guess.

And yes it could be NTLM or Kerberos, but why is em_console.exe working and em.exe not ?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Good question, it is a strange one. 

My recomendation would be to enable client logging ( http://support.sas.com/kb/56/099.html ). Perhaps we can get additional information.

Maybe the ini settings are different? Or the computer is setting strange permissions?

Did you tried to install/execute both versions on a different computer?

bishal18
SAS Employee

Hello @Pollewops,

If you already have a SAS Technical Support track open then I would advise that you work with the SAS consultant on the track to further diagnose the issue. They are well equipped and qualified to assist you.

Diagnosing IWA issues can be tricky and complicated since it involves reviewing various confiugrations in place on mid-tier and operating system level. Doing it here on Communities thread will be cumbersome and time consuming.

Thanks,

Bishal

shankarshriva1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @Pollewops,

Was this issue resolved and were you able to find the root cause?

We are also facing a similar issue with EMiner on Windows 10 and I would like to try the solution provided to you by Support.

Pollewops
Fluorite | Level 6

sue is still not solved. It seems to be that half way 2019 SAS will come with an update in which IWA will work with Windows 10 and kerberos again.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 like
  • 4 in conversation