BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
elDorado
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I am having this error installing SAS 9.2 version on Windows 10. 

"This application does not support your Platform"

I know that only SAS 9.4 and higher is supported on Windows 10 but I've already installed SAS 9.2 on Windows 10 and at this point I'm not getting it. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Get the current version (it's free with the license) and install that. No need to waste time fiddling around with something that's ten years old now and called "ancient" by SAS themselves.

Even if you managed once to get it to run, that does not mean it will survive any Windows upgrades. And those upgrades are always in dire need because of security considerations.

Get 9.4M5 and be done with it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @elDorado,

See https://support.sas.com/supportos/list?requestAction=summary&outputView=platform&sasrelease=&platfor...

I would say: just don't. It might seem to work, but your users will still experience many problems.

You can try to contact SAS Technical Support.

SimonDawson
SAS Employee

You can try to contact SAS Technical Support.

SAS Technical Support will let you know that SAS 9.2 is not supported on Microsoft Windows 10. There is no assistance we can provide with any issues encountered in this unsupported configuration.

If you'd like assistance from the SAS Technical Support team with any issues related to your SAS software deployment on Microsoft Windows 10 you must be running SAS 9.4 M3 or newer.

SAS Technical Support will be able to help you get into contact with the right people to get you the latest version of the SAS software you're entitled to. If you must using Microsoft Windows 10 then please do get some software from SAS is supported on that operating system.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Get the current version (it's free with the license) and install that. No need to waste time fiddling around with something that's ten years old now and called "ancient" by SAS themselves.

Even if you managed once to get it to run, that does not mean it will survive any Windows upgrades. And those upgrades are always in dire need because of security considerations.

Get 9.4M5 and be done with it.

elDorado
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks to all for your answers. We are going to plan an upgrade to the version 9.4.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation