BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

We are starting the 9.4 installation on windows 3-tier architecture (meta,compute and midtier) and I kind of got a doubt of which tier I should be starting the installation, is it a midtier or meta?.

I started with metadata but it asked for the CGI tools information for webserver, where should I get this info from with out installing webserver?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Tech updated the plan with correct order and all good and no need to install CGI tools package separately. It is included in the SAS Depot.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SASKiwi
PROC Star

For multi-server deployments you must follow the documented install sequence (metadata server first). 

Are you using a Deployment Plan or not? This should have been supplied as part of your SAS software order if you requested one. It is highly recommended that you use a Deployment Plan for multi-server installs.

If your installation requires third-party tools, then these need to be installed first before you deploy SAS.

Fluorite | Level 6

Yes, I have received the deployment plan from SAS. Deployment wizard shows "SAS Mid-Tier(Initial)"  as a step1 when I select Install and Configuration. 

When I opt for Install ONLY option(will do configuration later), then Step 1 shows as Metadata/Compute (we opted them on a single server) but it is requesting information for CGI tools. I found the below CGI tools software from downloads page , Do you think the package from below page would work?.

https://support.sas.com/downloads/package.htm?pid=1232

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Hmm, that refers to SAS/IntrNet Software. Is that listed in your deployment plan? If so then that download looks like it is required. Typically there are quite a few third-party tools required with SAS but the ones you need are dependent on your OS and SAS products being installed. If you are in any doubt I suggest you get expert help, for example Tech Support. They should be able to give you a list based on your deployment plan.

juanormelli
Calcite | Level 5
The correct Sequence is

META
COMPUTE
MID

The info of CGI asked is about the EV Server for config your EV Agent on MetaData Tier, only pass the information and when you configure the MidTier the agent automatically, connect to the EV Server.
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

SAS Deployment is sequential - Meta (always first), compute and web. I always prefer to do it install first and config second so its clean. If you screw up in any step, then you will have to restore the contents of the metadata server and do it again so be careful in the sequence. 

Check this link for CGI Tools for the Web Server 9.4: http://support.sas.com/demosdownloads/000813/readme_111621.pdf

Fluorite | Level 6

SAS Tech updated the plan with correct order and all good and no need to install CGI tools package separately. It is included in the SAS Depot.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation