BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

We recently upgraded to SAS 9.4 but we've never used the Environment Manager. I don't know how to turn it on/set it up. Every time I go to it's url, I get the message "This Webpage is not Available". Please help. Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok, if I remember correctly the first time you ever use Environment Manager you have to sign in with sasadm@saspw, which will be the default super user.

Then once logged in you have to synchronize Environment Manager users with metadata users. 

Check out page 53-54 of this document:  https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/66790/PDF/default/evug.pdf

Any time you add users to one of the Environment Manager groups (in metadata through SMC) you will need to perform the synchronize task in Environment Manager.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

There's alot of reasons you could be getting that error message, but I'd start with the basics.  Are you on Unix or Windows? If on Unix then go to your midtier machine and run "<your config dir>/Lev1/sas.servers status". What is the output? You need to see if the Environment Manager server is actually running.

richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Timmy! I am on Windows. I'll go ahead and check that.

richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Timmy, that worked, partly. I attached a screenshot that I am getting. Now it's telling me that I don't have the right permissions to access the contents. But I know I do. Do I need anymore permissions elsewhere?

Capture.PNG
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Yessir. There are new metadata groups in 9.4 that correspond to Environment Manager.  You'll likely want to add yourself or the admin user account to the super users group, but there is an account you create during setup (mine is "sasevs", but you can search for "sas environment manager service account" in SMC).

Once you've added yourself or the admin account to one of those groups (I added the admin account, sasadm@saspw, to the Environment Manager Super Users group) you can log in.  Usually the Instructions.html file provided after your midtier setup (<config>\Lev1\Documents\Instructions.html) should advise you on some post-config steps required.

richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

Timmy, you're absolutely helpful and I appreciate it. Got all that, but I am confused about one thing. I did all the above through SMC connected to the metadata server and it didn't work. Do I need to connect SMC to the middle tier? 

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Ok, if I remember correctly the first time you ever use Environment Manager you have to sign in with sasadm@saspw, which will be the default super user.

Then once logged in you have to synchronize Environment Manager users with metadata users. 

Check out page 53-54 of this document:  https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/66790/PDF/default/evug.pdf

Any time you add users to one of the Environment Manager groups (in metadata through SMC) you will need to perform the synchronize task in Environment Manager.

richardmgb
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks a lot Timmy! Everything is working perfectly now! You rock!

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Great news! Glad I could help.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation