BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

Can any one help me out how i can export and import number of users and groups from one environment to another with SAS Code.

Regards,

Kaushal Solanki

4 REPLIES 4
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Define "environment".

Do you want to transport such data between different SAS metadata repositories, or do you need to synchronize SAS metadata with external sources (like AD, LDAP, or UNIX passwd dictionaries)?

kaushalsolanki
Quartz | Level 8

I want to transfer such data between different SAS metadata repositorie only.

Regards,

Kaushal Solanki

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You might get some hints here:

User Synchronization

Sample Code for User Synchronization

Although these deal with synchronization between SAS metadata and OS authentication data, you have a place where the metadata is extracted to SAS tables, which are then used for compares.

You could use that part to extract data from one repository, and then use the datasets to update the second.

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi @kaushalsolanki,

If you decide you'd like a point-and-click way to synchronise SAS metadata identities between SAS environments, the Metacoda Identity Sync Plug-in may be of interest. This SAS Management Console plug-in has the option to synchronise between AD and SAS, and SAS and SAS. There is a screencast video demonstration at Synchronizing SAS Platform Identities.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation