BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I am trying to download the SAS software in an already existing /SW_Depot and I am getting the error "Unable to create and lock the specified directory". No idea why I am getting this error and I am not able to find anything online to resolve this. Any idea why I am getting this error.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @JuanS_OCS and @nhvdwalt

Thanks for the responses. I actually downloaded everything to a new depot and that worked. I was thinking we could only download the deltas, however I could download the entire thing again, So I just created a new depot. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @RupaJ

Is the target directory residing on a shared file system or a local disk ?

Maybe check if there is not a .lck file in the depot home directory.

Else you could always just download to an empty directory if you have the bandwidth.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @nhvdwalt

Thanks for your response. I am downloading it to a shared file system. Actually I have to download it to the same target folder as I am just trying to download couple delta files. I don't see any .lck file :-(. 

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Then maybe to eliminate the shared file system, try downloading to a non-shared disk.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RupaJ,

I tend to think exactly as @nhvdwalt.

1- That error happens due to read-write permissions or lck file present.

2- Shared file system have the problem of UNC paths. You better map it as logical drive  (that the download manager can see) and/or make the download to a non-shared system (so you would need to move the depot first, then download over it), then when everything ready, copy the depot back to the shared location.

3- Additionally, if the depots are of different version, or maintenance, they cannot be merged.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @JuanS_OCS and @nhvdwalt

Thanks for the responses. I actually downloaded everything to a new depot and that worked. I was thinking we could only download the deltas, however I could download the entire thing again, So I just created a new depot. Thanks again!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation