BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

I am trying to download the SAS software in an already existing /SW_Depot and I am getting the error "Unable to create and lock the specified directory". No idea why I am getting this error and I am not able to find anything online to resolve this. Any idea why I am getting this error.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @JuanS_OCS and @nhvdwalt

Thanks for the responses. I actually downloaded everything to a new depot and that worked. I was thinking we could only download the deltas, however I could download the entire thing again, So I just created a new depot. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Hi @RupaJ

Is the target directory residing on a shared file system or a local disk ?

Maybe check if there is not a .lck file in the depot home directory.

Else you could always just download to an empty directory if you have the bandwidth.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi @nhvdwalt

Thanks for your response. I am downloading it to a shared file system. Actually I have to download it to the same target folder as I am just trying to download couple delta files. I don't see any .lck file :-(. 

nhvdwalt
Barite | Level 11

Then maybe to eliminate the shared file system, try downloading to a non-shared disk.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @RupaJ,

I tend to think exactly as @nhvdwalt.

1- That error happens due to read-write permissions or lck file present.

2- Shared file system have the problem of UNC paths. You better map it as logical drive  (that the download manager can see) and/or make the download to a non-shared system (so you would need to move the depot first, then download over it), then when everything ready, copy the depot back to the shared location.

3- Additionally, if the depots are of different version, or maintenance, they cannot be merged.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @JuanS_OCS and @nhvdwalt

Thanks for the responses. I actually downloaded everything to a new depot and that worked. I was thinking we could only download the deltas, however I could download the entire thing again, So I just created a new depot. Thanks again!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation