BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PriitL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi!

I'm getting the following warning report continuously:

A problem occurred in executing a backup operation. Please check log files for more details.

Operation name : Backup [2020-10-16T13_09_09]

Operation Status : ANALYSIS_WARN

Date Time : 10/16/20 1:09 PM

Environment Details Tier 1 : Host: sasmidtier2.mydomain.md Configuration Directory: /opt/sas/config/Lev1

Environment Details Tier 2 : Host: sascompute2.mydomain.md Configuration Directory: /opt/sas/config/Lev1

Environment Details Tier 3 : Host: sasva2.mydomain.md Configuration Directory: /opt/sas/config/Lev1

Run by: <my username>

Analysis Result:
Analysis Problem:
For : Cost and Profitability Management Data Server 8.4
Status Code: 651
Possible Cause: Can not find tier information for Cost and Profitability Management Data Server 8.4.
Analysis Problem:
For : Cost and Profitability Management Data Server 8.4
Possible Cause: Can not find user credentials information for Cost and Profitability Management Data Server 8.4.
Analysis Problem:
For : Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server 9.4
Possible Cause: Can not find user credentials information for Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server 9.4.

We have CPM installed and everything works, this warning only occurs when Backup runs (scheduled or not, doesn't matter). It's getting annoying to receive it every sunday and it would be nice to get it to work properly anyway.

I have tried to find a answer to this warning by "Status Code 651" and "Possible Cause" but the only one found is about false credentials and Web Infrastructure Platform Data Server and there aren't much hints. Also tried to look for logs at /opt/sas/config/Lev1/SASCostAndProfitabilityManagementDataServer/Logs and /opt/sas/config/Lev1/WebInfrastructurePlatformDataServer/Logs but no luck.

I even don't know where to start, what other logs to look for etc.

Thanks!

P

6 REPLIES 6
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @PriitL 

Are you able to perform the backup manually using the UI without any failure? Is the SAS Deployment agent service up and running on the hosts?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @PriitL ,

I would wonder under what user are you running the scheduled backups. And I would wonder if this user has restricted or unrestricted metadata access, and if this user (and the users mentioned by the logs) are within a same Authentication Domain and the group holding the Authentication Domain(s). Otherwise, ones cannot see others.

PriitL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi! @Anand_V and @JuanS_OCS 

I'm truly sorry i haven't answered to Your post- i was on vacation and now trying to catch up things..

Yes, Deplyoment Agent is up and running (listening on port 5660).

The warning e-mail is the same no matter if it is run by schedule or manually.

Scheduled backups are running as sasadm (unrestricted inner account). If i run it manually i also have unrestricted access.

So the backup is made successfully (as on picture) but with warnings.

Would really appreciate new ideas and hints.

Thanks!

Priit

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thanks for the update @PriitL , glad to hear you experience some progress.

Unfortunately I cannot see any image - or log. 

PriitL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hmm.. strange. I tried to add a screen snip to my previous post.

Will do it again but as jpg file this time:

deplyoment-backup-error.JPG

Regards!

Priit

PriitL
Obsidian | Level 7

As an update:

After contacting with SAS support they gave me some steps to clean current backup configuration (empty the svrbakupevm.configured.hosts parameter with sasadm account from Management Console, rename all of the backup directories and central vault, remove contents of config/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer1_1/temp/SASDeploymentBackup_APPHOME/) and a little json file which updated the backup configuration (./sas-update-backup-config).

I'm not sure if it's good idea to post the whole solution here as the configurations may be different from my setup and it may mess something up.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation